ONLINE FILM FESTIVAL OR AWARDS COMPETITION
Sep 14, 2019
Notification Date: Sep 16, 2019
The Williamsburg International Film Festival is now the Williamsburg International Film & Music Competition, an online-only, eighteen category competition. We will not be screening films this year.
The Williamsburg International Film & Music Competition continues the good work that its previous festival started with allowing independent artists to get the exposure and promotional benefits needed for their projects to succeed not only in the festival space but in the various industries its competing in.
Gain more acceptances into festivals by promoting your project as a winner in our competition. Our festival was one of Moviemaker magazine's top 5 film festivals and we will now bring that experience and professionalism to our competition.
OUR ENTRY FEES ARE NOW SOME OF THE LOWEST IN THE INDUSTRY.
All winning projects are announced on Saturday, September 14, 2019 on our website. Judging status updates will be made two days later on FilmFestaRoo.
Many of the award-winning films at WILLiFEST have gone on to have theatrical releases, broadcasts on PBS and other media outlets, and to be nominated and awarded at the American Academy Awards.
The winning projects will be announced on Saturday, September 14, 2019 on our website. No one will be notified before that date.
On Monday, September 16th, submitters will have their judging status updated on FilmFestaRoo. Individual emails or letters will not be sent out so please check with FilmFestaRoo or our website for competition outcomes.
Winners receive beautiful certificates and can download WINNER or RUNNER-UP laurels for promotional purposes. Winning projects will be featured permanently on our newly designed website. Additionally, winners are promoted through our various social media outlets and in a media press release.
We are happy to accept your online entries. We do not accept any entry by mail or in any form of media.
Foreign language work must be subtitled in English. Competitions no longer have a completion date so somewhat older projects that didn't get the merit you thought it deserved can still be entered.
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Project"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Project's submittal to Brooklyn Films (the "Company") for consideration for the Williamsburg International Film & Music Competition (the "Competition").
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Competition that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Project, (b) the submission will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Project is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the submission of the Project to the Competition will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Project does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity.
4. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, the Competition, affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, sponsors, partners, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Project or the Competition's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Company or the Competition. Offerings, awards and prizes may change or be eliminated at any time due to consequences beyond the Competition's control and the Competition will do its best to substitute a fair replacement, if possible.
5. By submitting my Project to the Competition I agree to allow the Competition to use the Project's title, cast, crew, synopsis and other information related to it to promote the Competition.
6. If awarded, I hereby grant to the Company, the Competition, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles in which I own the rights to, and basic information from the Project for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Project and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Project and grant the Competition the right to provide this information to film industry organizations partnering with the Competition at its discretion.
7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Project and the Competition will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Nevada and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Las Vegas in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations explained herein for submitting to the Competition.
9. By submitting my Project I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Company or the Competition.
All Winners receive beautiful certificates and WINNER laurels for promotional purposes. Winners are featured permanently on our website. Additionally, Winners are promoted through our social media outlets and in a press release sent to over 3000 media outlets worldwide.
All Runner-ups receive beautiful certificates and RUNNER-UP laurels for promotional purposes. Runner-ups are featured permanently on our website.
WINNER - Screenplay Competition
Winner receives a beautiful certificate and WINNER laurels for promotional purposes. The Winner is featured permanently on our website. Screenplay Competition Winner is promoted through our social media outlets and in a press release sent to over 3000 media outlets worldwide.
2nd PLACE - Screenplay Competition
2nd Place winner receives a beautiful certificate and SECOND PLACE laurels for promotional purposes. 2nd Place winner is featured permanently on our website and promoted through our social media outlets.
3rd PLACE - Screenplay Competition
3rd Place winner receives a beautiful certificate and THIRD PLACE laurels for promotional purposes. 3rd Place winner is featured permanently on our website and promoted through our social media outlets.
Top 5 honorable mentions receive a beautiful certificate and HONORABLE MENTION laurels for promotional purposes. Honorable Mentions are featured permanently on our website.
Brooklyn NY 11211
Mar 10, 2019
Jun 16, 2019
Jul 21, 2019
Aug 18, 2019
The final deadline has passed.
Please check back in the future to enter the next season of this event.