FILM FESTIVAL WITH LIVE SCREENINGS
May 18, 2019 to May 19, 2019
Notification Date: Mar 15, 2019
This Festival is dedicated to artists films by national first
Designed in 2008 as a contemporary art fair or all Art-galleries were only obliged to submit the works of Artists in visual art, "Art show Cannes" becomes the "AVIFF-Art Film Festival" in 2010 with an initial selection of Artists'films assigned to Camillo Racana, "curator" for a "carte blanche" in Marrakesh in 2010, during the 10th edition of the film festival in December and in 2011 in Cannes during the 64 edition of the film festival in May.
The AVIFF festival in Cannes has been looking for a sense of 'beauty' for the last 7 years through an 'artist films' program presented only in preview each year in May during the film festival.
The AVIFF 'Art Film Festival' mission is to take an interest in the work of filmmakers around the world, within aesthetic movements defined by different means of feeling and in order to turn the viewer towards the world. art and its history and find out how filmmakers take their place.
The "AVIFF-Art Film Festival" Cannes has since become one of the preferred places of promoting contemporary art in the field of Artists' films associated with an emerging art market.
RULES § CONDITIONS
Please read and sign the following conditions before filling in the registration form.
1. Registration fee for AVIFF: 29€ / film
2. Artists are welcome to submit more than one work.
Only creative works will be considered.
Only works never previously presented in France will be accepted.
3. In order to achieve a preset, the video will be sent online to the organizer on specific internet platforms which will be linked on the page AVIFF Programme 2019
Each sending must be labelled with the following information:
Title, director’s full name, running time, B&W or colour, soundtrack, subtitles.
If possible the video will have a French subtitle version Post mailings will not be considered, unless otherwise agreed and subject to conditions.
4. Each work will be attached to one entry per shared folder with the following files, written in French and English where necessary:
• The registration form completed in block capitals, and marked by hand “read and approved” above the signature • A summary of the artist’s career • A brief curriculum vitae along with a full list of works, awards and exhibitions
5. The selection of works sent is made by vote of the selection committee of the AVIFF composed of five independent members, including a chairman. This committee is renewed each year and is also AVIFF jury for the Price Aviff Art Film Festival.
The final selection will be published online on mid-February
SCREENINGS § SUBMISSION OF MEDIA AFTER NOTICE OF SELECTION When the selection of a film has been confirmed, artists, or their agent, should send, within 10 days at the latest following the announcement of his selection:
a DVD and a certificate of authenticity handwritten by normal post for the AVIFF collection at the company Art & Shine
- a downloaded link for the file, formats HD, of his work and a trailer of 1mn of his work for the promotion and communication of AVIFF.
The Artist will also provide a Still photo of his work Jpeg 300 dpi and numeric copy of the certificate of authenticity
6. The screenings will be on screen (s) The screenings will be held daily on a schedule defined by the number of selected films and their duration The entrance is by invitation only
7. The organizer reserves the right to edit:
-An AVIFF catalogue. Each page will feature an artist, an overview of his/her background, a brief CV, a summary of each work and an image of each submitted video.
-A numbered, limited issue DVD case collector, with all or part of the works selected by AVIFF. This Collector’s edition, limited to 100 numbered copies, will be offered for promotional purpose.
RELEASE / DOCUMENTATION / EDITION / RIGHTS and OBLIGATIONS
8. Artists agree to waive their right to royalties for the duration of the festival.
Excerpts of selected videos may be used for any promotional purposes (catalogue, programme, invitation, written press, internet, TV).
9. All selected works may be used for promotional purposes in cultural events in France or abroad. The works will not be used for commercial purposes.
10. All selected works may be used for promotional purposes in festivals and events in France and abroad.
11. All selected work will enter the permanent collection of the AVIFF.
12. All rights on videos remain the property of the author. The author asserts, in its sole and complete the full right of use of the materials that make up the work: images, sounds, and videos. The author engages his sole liability for any violation of copyright laws
14. The artist deed of gift to AVIFF collection the original copy of his/her work(s) selected, and its DVD. The deed of gift not behind in any way a transfer of right, but certify exclusively the willingness of the author to donate a copy of his/her works to the AVIFF.
Special Jury Award
AVIFF Award 2019 Special prize Angel Orensanz Foundation
Sponsor:Angel Orensanz Foundation
AVIFF Award 2019
AVIFF Award 2019
AVIFF Award 2019
2354 Avenue Du Grand Defends
Boulouris Saint Raphaël 83700
Auditorium Eden Hotel
133 rue d’Antibes
Mar 1, 2019
Enter a Category
Project Types Accepted:
Feature Film, Short Film, Animated Feature, Animated Short, Documentary Feature , Documentary Short.
Final | Mar 1, 2019
Category Entry Fee:
Regular: 29.00 (EUR)
Roo VIP: 29.00 (EUR)